torsdag 6. mai 2010

I miss U "Snoopie"














It's been 2 looong days since we laid Mishelle to rest and not an hour has gone by without thinking about my little snoopie. Yesterday Melissa had her "pre-school day" where she met with her teacher to be and in the evening her balet-class had their summer-show. Live is strange that way - from sadness one day to joy the next... My head is still on vacation ( it's been that way since 9/11 last year), i keep thinking to myself - will i ever get back to "old" me?

As for the ceremony it self on tuesday, i think it was a very dignified ending to one of the most beautiful people i have had the plesure of knowing - and even more so proud to say i AM her father. The priest, Marit Bekken challenged me to write the last words for Mishelle and at the time i did not think i could do it. But as i sat down in front of the computer i began to think of all the funny things Mishelle said and did, and the writing started automatically :o) when the priest read my words in church i realised that her challenge to me was a good thing. I felt that a small part of who Mishelle was - was told to everyone there. My Snoopie was a very outgoing girl, she never took the time to feel sorry for herself, she never gave up just because things had become difficult. And she always kept her smile - and made people around her smile. I can proudly say that even though her time here with us was short - she touched a lot of peoples heart.

Next week daddy will get his first tattoo ever - "M&M's" will for as long as i live be a part of me! Mishelle will live on for many years to come - in our hearts and minds.

Greetings from a proud father of 2 wonderful girls!!

Ps: the photos are; form the front page of the leaflet from church, balloons rising up into the air ( symbolism of letting go of Mishelle ) and of the last flowers from Melissa, mum and dad.